Working with our Homeowners
Detail is something that defines every Brio home and we take pride in ensuring no stone is left unturned when it comes to your satisfaction.
To make sure the service we provide meets your expectations, we regularly encourage customers and homeowners to share feedback and raise questions or concerns. If you have any suggestions or opinions on how we could improve, we’d love to hear them. Similarly, if you’re unhappy about any aspect of your new home, please let us know in the first instance.
Our dedicated feedback handling process logs every comment, guarantees a fast personal response and enables us to continually improve and evolve our services. We also provide a structured complaints procedure that provides speedy outcomes to any complaints.
Our promise to you
Please feel free to speak to any member of staff about any concerns you may have. If you prefer, you can also write to, email or visit your Village manager. We will then handle your enquiry according to the following procedure:
- We will deal with written/email complaints in a fast, responsive, accessible and user-friendly way. We will not treat you any differently if you make a complaint.
- Your Village manager will acknowledge a written/email complaint in writing/by email within 24 hours and provide an initial response in writing/by email within 5 calendar days.
- If you inform your Village manager that you are not satisfied with our first response, we will escalate it to the Operations and Community Director, who will provide a further response in writing/by email within 5 calendar days of receiving the complaint.
- If you inform the Operations and Community Director you are not satisfied with our response, we will escalate it to a Director of Brio, who will provide our final decision in writing/by email within 56 calendar days of first receiving the complaint, unless we have previously agreed a later deadline with you.
- If you inform us that you are not satisfied with our response at any stage you will not need to restate your case or explain your reasons, but may do so if you wish. Our escalation procedure simply ensures an independent review. Our Operations and Community Director or Managing Director may also call or visit you to discuss the matter.
- We will co-operate in the same way with an intermediary acting on your behalf.
If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or we fail to provide it by the relevant deadline, you may refer your complaint to:
In England unresolved complaints regarding care provided are not dealt with by the Housing Ombudsman Service but should be referred instead to:
Local Government (Social Care) Ombudsman (England)
53-55 Butts Rd, Coventry CV1 3BH
Web form: http://www.lgo.org.uk/forms/ShowForm.asp?fm_fid=62
Tel: 0300 061 0614
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (Scotland)
In person: 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
Post: Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and no stamp is needed)
Web form: www.spso.org.uk/contact-us
Tel: 0800 377 7330
Please rest assured that we will fully co-operate with the relevant Ombudsman during any investigation, and accept the resulting decision, which will be binding on us.